Litigation and Legal Support Services
Providing litigation support, early case assessment, and expert witness services.
General experience: P&C Insurance with an emphasis in personal lines. ALL STATES
Specialty focus: Insurance underwriting, claims, homeowners, automobile, umbrella liability, bad faith, sales and marketing practices; product development; contract language; pricing (all lines); operations (SOP); systems, applications, automation, internal auditing, compliance, more.
Mr. Farris has many years in the P&C insurance industry. He has extensive technical experience and has held numerous management and company officer positions. He holds a Wisconsin P&C agent/broker license.
Since 2014, Mr. Farris has supported insurance company outside counsel as the Expert in five (5) positive-outcome bad faith defenses.
Examples of case types include property fires, building collapse, and automobile liability (UM/UIM stacking) claims.
Mr. Farris’ CV and a single page expert witness summary can be accessed on our staff page. Legal and case references are available upon request.
He successfully supports plaintiff and defendant legal teams with property & casualty insurance guidance for all personal lines (Automobile; Dwelling; Homeowner; Umbrella/Excess; Ancillary lines; etc.) and selected commercial lines litigation. He is qualified to testify on behalf of agencies, insurance companies and policyholders.
- Bad Faith
- Coverage disputes
- Compliance and audit controls
- Contract issues
- Industry standards vs. specific company standards
- Insurance company operations
- Insurance contract interpretation
- Policy & coverage analysis
- Policy limitations and exclusions
- Insurance company operational standards
- Underwriting procedures
- Company-agent-agency relationships and obligations
- Experience with all sales channels including direct sales, captive/company agents, independent agents, and national brokers
- Insurer-client legal communications (e.g. termination notices; coverage reductions/restrictions)
- Product and rate filings with state departments of insurance
- General insurance research
Call to receive a copy of Mr. Farris' CV and litigation support summary.