Litigation and Legal Support Services
Providing expert witness services, general litigation support, early case assessment, and behind-the-scenes consulting and research..
General experience: P&C Insurance with an emphasis in personal lines. ALL STATES
Specialty focus: Insurance underwriting, claims, homeowners, automobile, umbrella liability, bad faith, sales and marketing practices; product development; contract language; pricing (all lines); operations (SOP); systems, applications, automation, internal auditing, compliance, more.
Mr. Farris has many years in the insurance industry. He has extensive technical experience and has held numerous management and insurance company officer positions. He holds a Wisconsin P&C agent/broker license.
Since 2013, Mr. Farris has supported insurance company outside counsel as the Expert in five (5) positive-outcome bad faith defenses. Examples of case types include property fires, building collapse, and automobile liability (UM/UIM stacking) claims.
Beginning in 2019, Mr. Farris expanded his plaintiff litigation support practice to include innocent victim police pursuit injury and death claims. Visit PursuitForChange.org to learn more about Mr. Farris' background and media activity in this specific knowledge area.
Mr. Farris’ CV and witness summary are available by request. Legal and case references also available upon request.
He successfully supports plaintiff and defendant legal teams with property & casualty insurance guidance for all personal lines (Automobile; Dwelling; Homeowner; Umbrella/Excess; Ancillary lines; etc.) and selected commercial lines litigation. He is qualified to testify on behalf of agencies, insurance companies and policyholders.
- Bad Faith
- Coverage disputes
- Compliance and audit controls
- Contract issues
- Industry standards vs. specific company standards
- Insurance company operations
- Insurance contract interpretation
- Policy & coverage analysis
- Policy limitations and exclusions
- Insurance company operational standards
- Underwriting procedures
- Company-agent-agency relationships and obligations
- Experience with all sales channels including direct sales, captive/company agents, independent agents, and national brokers
- Insurer-client legal communications (e.g. termination notices; coverage reductions/restrictions)
- Product and rate filings with state departments of insurance
- General insurance research
POLICE PURSUITS / CHASES
- Emergency vehicle operations policies
- Pursuit policy differences
- Inter-jurisdictional issues
- LEO driving training
- Community impact
- Family impact
- Databases with tens of thousands of #PoliceChase news links
Call to receive a copy of Mr. Farris' CV and litigation support summary.